Hannah Cockroft Wiki: Hannah Cockroft is a well-known British Paralympic racer who has made a big difference in wheelchair racing. Cockroft was born on July 30, 1992, in Halifax, West Yorkshire. He has worked through his problems to become a world-class sprinter. At birth, she had two cardiac stops, which damaged her brain and made it hard for her to move and use small muscles. Even though she had a handicap, Cockroft didn’t let it stop her. Instead, she used her strength and drive to play sports and do well at them.
Table of Contents
At a British Paralympic Association talent day at Loughborough University 2007, this fast runner found out she was good at wheelchair racing. From then on, her career has gone up quickly, and she won many world and Paralympic records in different sprint lengths for her class.
Hannah Cockroft Wiki/Bio
|Full Name||Hannah Lucy Cockroft OBE DL|
|Birth Date||30th July 1992|
|Birth Place||Halifax, West Yorkshire|
|World Records||100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m in T34 classification|
Hannah Cockroft Height, Weight, and More
Hannah Cockroft‘s story isn’t just about her racing records; it’s also about how she overcame her disability through physical strength and drive. Even though she has some problems, she has always been the best at her sport and has broken many world records. Cockroft is a strong athlete and a great example of drive and tenacity, a crucial part of her athletic profile. The way she looks and how strong she is have been crucial to her success.
|Wheelchair Model||Elite Racing Wheelchair|
|Disability||Mobility problems and fine motor skills impairment due to brain damage|
Hannah Cockroft Career Information
During her long and successful career, Cockroft has broken several world records and won many awards. At the 2011 IPC Athletics World Championships, her first time on the Great Britain team was a huge success. She won gold in both the T34 100-meter and T34 200-meter races. She kept showing how good she was at her sport and won more titles and awards. Her winning performances at the Paralympic Games in 2012 and 2016 were among the most memorable.
|First Coach||Dr Ian Thompson|
|Current Coach||Peter Eriksson|
|World Championships Debut||2011|
|Paralympic Gold Medals||6|
|Awards||Best British Paralympic Performance 2010 & 2011, British Sportswoman of the Year 2017|
Hannah Cockroft Net Worth Information
Cockroft’s long and successful career has brought her fame, respect, and money. She gets money from many places, like event winnings, sponsorships, and endorsements. Even though no one knows the exact amount of her net worth, her achievements and high status in the sport suggest she is well-paid.
|Net Worth Information||Details|
|Primary Source of Income||Athletics|
|Secondary Source of Income||Endorsements, Speaking Engagements|
|Awards||Numerous monetary awards from competitions|
|Sponsorships||Various sporting brands|
|Business Ventures||17 Sports Management Limited|
|Charity Work||Ambassador of Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice|
10 Interesting Facts About Hannah Cockroft
- Hannah Cockroft was the first Paralympian to break a world record in the London Olympic Stadium 2012.
- She was the first Paralympic athlete nominated for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award outside of a Paralympic year.
- She holds the complete set of T34 World Records.
- She was appointed Deputy Lieutenant of West Yorkshire upon her return from the Rio Paralympics in 2016.
- She won a Sport Relief edition of Strictly Come Dancing in 2014.
- She returned to her hometown of Halifax to prepare for the Rio Paralympic Games in 2016.
- Cockroft is an athlete and businesswoman who launched 17 Sports Management Limited in 2014.
- She has ambitions to work in television media after her athletics career.
- She has appeared on popular British TV shows, such as The Great British Bake Off, Countryfile, and The Crystal Maze.
- She is a proud ambassador of Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice, a local charity near her hometown of Halifax.
Hannah Cockroft’s life story is a fascinating story of perseverance, courage, and success in the face of hardship. She was born with a disability, but she has worked hard to become one of the best Paralympic champions in the world. She has broken many world records and won gold medals at the Paralympics more than once, which makes her an example to many.
She has shown that if you are determined and work hard, you can solve any life’s problems. Her story also shows that everyone can make a mark in their chosen area, no matter their background. Hannah Cockroft is a true sports hero because of all the fantastic things she has done and how she has lived her life.